Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saying Good Bye To Yankee Stadium

Here are some pictures of our office that has some Yankee Stadium pictures. The big one is 4 boys looking at the stadium in the 30's (this is my favorite). The other one is of Babe Ruth when he retired.










We are a HUGE baseball family. My 2 older boys play travel ball and my 2 younger boys play in a park league in the spring. My husband also plays on a mens slow pitch team. I am the only one that does not play but I LOVE to watch!!
I also love the history of baseball. I love old baseball pictures and reading about some of the first baseball players. I also really like Babe Ruth. I love reading about the Yankee Stadium, "The House That Babe Built".




I have decorated our office with antique baseball things. I could never afford real antiques but I can still get the same look with reproductions.
I know that the stadium needs to come down but I am sad. This was a place where Babe Ruth, Jackie Robinson, Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantel and Joe Di Maggio ran bases and hit home runs.
There is already a new stadium built for the Yankee's team. In the place where the stadium is now will be a park.


The last game to play in the stadium will be tomorrow at 8:05pm Eastern time.





Jill

1 comment:

Caren said...

Thanks for your nice comment over at my blog. I'll be sure to stop by yours again, it looks like we have a lot of the same interests.

As for the Yankees...I won't tell my husband I'm reading your blog. He's a RED SOX FAN! A big one at that! Growing up in New England, probably made it inevitable. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.