Friday, September 5, 2008

Life With A Teenager

The funniest thing happened tonight (at least I thought is was).

My husband was getting ready to take the boys to a baseball game. It is just a local mens league team that my husband used to play on and tonight was the championship game. Well, my teenager, Tyler was getting ready and wanted to wear his new jeans. He LOVES these jeans. I swear he would wear them everyday if I let him!! My hubby is awesome in many ways but he has a hard time remembering what HE was like as a kid and therefor flips out over very normal child/teen behavior. So hubby of coarse flips out on Tyler for wanting to wear the jeans AGAIN!! I really could careless if he wears them again, as long as they are clean. With 4 boys I am just grateful that they look decent and smell good. He also wasn't going to see anyone that had already seen him in the jeans. This was a ridiculous argument, in my opinion.

So all of this got me thinking about when I was 13 years old. I am in my mid 30's and Madonna was huge when I was in 8th grade. I wore the same black straight skirt and black rubber bracelets as often as I could.

In the end my husband said that he could not go if he wore the jeans (I know, he went way overboard on this one). My son stood his ground and was fine with staying home. Let me tell you, my husband loves to go to any baseball game with my son so I know this totally backfired on him. Finally in very end my hubby agreed that he could wear them but not get them dirty, I just think he realized that he must have lost his mind over this jean thing and it wasn't worth it!!

Right after that they all left. They are not home yet but geeeeeeeez I really hope he had some time to think about how he was when he was 13!!!


Jill

No comments: