Friday, November 21, 2008

Random acts of kindness

Tonight while Jordan and I were out shopping we noticed a homeless man picking out of the trash to get food, he was ACTUALLY eating the food he found. This broke my heart and I just knew I had to do something. I told Jordan that we should get him dinner and he agreed. So we went through a drive thru and got him a couple of burgers, french fries, and a drink.

I had only done this one other time and my husband was with us. I was not sure how the man would react. So Jordan and I got out of the car and said, "Hello, we have some dinner for you."
I think he was surprised. He had such warm eyes. He told us thank you little one (talking about Jordan) and God bless the both of you.

I felt so good about this and I know Jordan did too. I told Jordan that we really cannot do anything to help him out of his situation but at least we gave him a meal and he will not go to sleep hungry tonight.

I also have heard of going through a drive thru and paying for the car behind you so that when they get up to the window they find out that their meal has been paid for and you are long gone.

I do many service projects with and without the kids but is in a very in-direct way. I guess I want to help the people that are around me in my day to day life.

Jordan told me that he saw that same homeless man a while back when we were shopping in that area and I think he is right. I do remember a homeless man a couple of months ago near that same shopping center trying to cross the street. I hope we do get to see him again and I will be happy to get him another hot meal (hopefully a little more healthy than fast food).


Jill

No comments: